Top student websites to check out:
Whether you’re a fresher or a seasoned student, these sites will help you navigate your way through the ups and downs of Uni life:
- National Union of Students (NUS): The NUS website provides information on student rights, campaigns, and events. It also offers discounts on a range of products and services.
- The Student Room: The Student Room is an online forum for UK students. It offers advice and support on a range of topics, including university applications, accommodation, and social life.
- Blackbullion: Blackbullion is an online platform that provides financial education for students. It offers courses on budgeting, saving, and managing debt. Check out the student freebies section.
- Student Minds – Student Minds is a UK-based charity that supports students’ mental health. They offer resources, campaigns, and training programs for students, as well as a student-led support network.
- Headspace – Headspace is a popular meditation and mindfulness app that offers guided meditations, breathing exercises, and other tools for managing stress and anxiety. Students get a large discount here.
- Big White Wall (TogetherAll) – Big White Wall is an online mental health and wellbeing service that provides support for students 24/7. They offer a range of resources, including online support groups, self-help courses, and one-to-one therapy.
- Nightline – Nightline is a confidential listening service run by students, for students. They offer a non-judgmental ear for students who need someone to talk to about any issues or concerns they may have.
- Kooth – Kooth is a free online counselling and emotional well-being platform for young people aged 11-25. They provide online counselling, peer support, and self-help resources.