With a scenic landscape of wooded hills and endless flat plains, dotted with reed-fringed lakes and cut by one mighty Danube River, it is not surprising to find that Hungary is one of Europe’s best wildlife destinations. It has abundant and varied birdlife, and also has much to offer in terms of butterflies and other … Read more
Search for an essay or resource:
Water is an essential human right, and a safe, reliable and affordable supply is vital for sustainable development. However, around a billion people in lack access to such a water supply, making it one of the most significant problems in developing countries (Coles and Wallace, 2005). Municipalities have struggled to keep up with the rapid … Read more
In this chapter the term ecological community is made use of in a broader and also a lot more general feeling, like a bio-geographical region or biome. The indigenous flora and also fauna and also exactly how they interact with each other will be introduced and also how the setting influences them all. However additionally … Read more
Globalization continues to be a study with great controversy among scholars. There are disputes over the origin and overall definition of globalization (Turner and Holton 130). Understanding globalization is crucial to how it is used and interpreted in our society according to Scholte (67). This study has been used to explain cultural, economic, political, religious, … Read more
Topic Area: Natural Hazards Abstract Approximately 800 million people reside within a 100 km radius of an active volcano. An estimated 1550 subaerial volcanoes have been active since the Holocene. Pelean to Ultra Plinian eruptions present significant risk to populated areas because of exposed populations. From 10,000 Holocene eruptions, only six eruptions are responsible for … Read more
Nigeria is a fascinating country comprising “a federation of 36 autonomous states, a multi-ethnic and culturally diverse society, with an abundance of resources, Africa’s largest oil exporter, and also holding the largest natural gas reserves on the continent” (World Bank, 2017). Nigeria is the largest economy in Africa, the 11th largest oil producer in the … Read more
The Silk Road The Trans-Saharan trade route The Incense Route The Indian Ocean Maritime System The Columbian Exchange The Silk Road Origin The basis for the Silk Road began to emerge when the earlier Chinese empires began to trade with the steppe people for previously unobtainable items such as hides, furs, livestock, wool, amber, and … Read more
Throughout this course, we have discussed modernity and the different aspects of modernity during every class. Modernity has been defined as being current and being up to date with your surroundings. Modernity departs from traditional values and the idea of tradition does not exist before modernity. We have learned about the different aspects of modernity … Read more
ABSTRACT Pakistan is a land of much splendor. Not only it occupies strategically important tract of land, it is also located at the cross road of many civilizations with a repository of extremely diversified physical contours extending for thousands of miles with potential rivals. Our geo-strategic location also confers a number of economic advantages for … Read more
“Ang hindi marunong lumingon sa pinangaligan ay hindi makakarating sa paroroonan” The quote means, “He who does not know how to look back at where he came from will never get to his destination” said by Jose Rizal, a known hero in the Philippines. Different sports developed in difference countries correlates to its nation’s history. … Read more
I. Introduction In the northern section of Iran lies an ethnic group, which takes up 10 percent of its modern population, known as the Kurds (Purdy, pg. 3). Originating from the Persians and the Ancient Medes, the Kurds, ever since the nineteenth century, have been settled in the western province of Iran alongside other ethnic … Read more
The economic significance of energy resources will inevitably result in conflict as it exacerbates political tension to the point of conflict. Through examination of water and oil, the two most significant energy resources, and the role they play in causing conflicts in Yemen and Venezuela respectively, this essay shall prove that conflict over energy resources … Read more
Migration is a phenomenon that is fairly well known, but its implications are rarely well understood. The total migrant population has increased from 2.8% in 2000 to 3.4% in 2017, with the number of migrants worldwide increasing from 173 million to 258 million (“International Migration Report”1-5). The effects of the outflow of people on their … Read more
Skeptics claim that the Gilgamesh flood was used to create the Genesis flood story. In both The Epic of Gilgamesh and Genesis flood stories, a flood happens. God (Genesis) and gods (Gilgamesh) were both angered in some way which makes them want to annihilate humanity. The flood stories in the Epic of Gilgamesh and Genesis … Read more
Africa has grown to be a complex continent with a long, enticing history. Much of this history defines how Africa functions today. By looking at the past economic, political, social, spiritual and cultural factors, we can determine why the continent operates the way it does currently. Africa’s economy has always consisted of trade and crafting … Read more
THE DEMOGRAPHIC TRANSITION MODEL OF MADAGASCAR Madagascar, a former French colony, has been attacked by military coups, political violence, and corruption for decades. It is an economy with many untapped natural resources, no capital markets, a weak judicial system, poorly enforced contracts, and rampant government corruption. Agriculture, including fishing and forestry, is a mainstay of … Read more
Ask anyone about British history, and it’s fairly likely that they will associate the nation with its former Empire. A subject hotly debated in the media, Britain’s colonial past is extensive, and the challenge now facing it is deciding what stance to take on its morally questionable past. The more important, and often least considered … Read more
Rishikesh won the title of capital rafting in India. It is a preferred destination for all adventure lovers and rafting along the mighty Ganges every adventure enthusiast’s dream. You must not know how to swim, and no previous rafting experience is necessary. Only a few rivers in the world have the mystique of the Ganges, … Read more
The study area is limited to the north part of Morocco covered by NOAA-AVHRR images (Figure 1) and covers all agricultural areas of 46 provinces of the country. It includes the main agro-ecological zones of Morocco except Saharan zone where agricultural activities concerns small plots in oases. The climate of the studied area is characterized … Read more
The solar system was created with a cloud of dust and gas, which is also known as the Solar Nebula. The Solar Nebula was created approximately 4.6 billion years ago (Redd, 2016) and after it was created, the gravity collapsed on itself as it began to spin and created the sun in the center of … Read more
Food insecurity is affecting an incredible amount of people living in the Central African Republic and all over the world. As a matter of fact, the US department of agriculture defines food insecurity as a state in which “consistent access to adequate food is limited by lack of money and other resources at times during … Read more
Introduction The town of San Jiang, which literally means three rivers, is a part of the Xinhui District. San Jiang is a Dong Autonomous County that lies North of the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region in Southern China. There is one residential community and twelve villages located within San Jiang, with a total population of about … Read more
This study makes use of policy making and implementation where the case study was in the area of amnesty programme in Nigeria. The data collected and analysed in the process of carrying out the study are presented in the chapter. The presentation and discussions are based on the hypothesis formulated The bio-data of the respondents … Read more
1. Introduction This report was prepared as a result of my field work activities carried out from1st August -15th November 2015 in Kathile Sub-county, Kaabong District with a focus on Life with neighbours without guns among the Dodoth Cluster in the Post-disarmament period. The study looked into 1).Socio-cultural activities of the community during the pre, … Read more
In section 2 we explored the current literature relating to the economic growth and development of Nigeria and Ghana, consolidating the various arguments to see whether any key messages were apparent. In section 3 we then examined the two countries in more detail, presenting a timeline of relevant economic, social and political happenings since there … Read more
How to write a geography essay
Geography being a science that encompasses the study of earths physical characteristics, that is rivers, mountains and their formations as well as human life such as ecology and adjustments and influences we have upon our natural surroundings. Seeing that geography is a wide ranged discipline makes it a tricky essay to embark on hence it requires vigilance when writing it. Having the two main divisions: Human Geography and Physical Geography to choose from, which in turn have many subdivisions under them you need to make an informed choice on your topic.
The following sections offer fundamental guidelines on how to write a geography essay.
Due to a range of topics to choose from, you first of all have to be well informed on the topic of choice. If you chose to venture into ‘human geography’ which is already a broad sub division on its own, you will want to specify your scope of study to maybe linguistics geography or language geography which are subdivisions of human geography. Be sure to make a good judgement on your choice of topic to ensure at the end you come up with an interesting essay. Having prior knowledge on the choice of your topic is also an added advantage as it will ease your work and mind while researching as you will be adding knowledge to what you are already familiar with just more detailed.
Once you acknowledge your scope of study, commence on your research making sure you don’t stray into other subdivisions. Make use of the available course books at your disposal, carry out online researches from known geography scholars and published journals. Geography being a wide discipline is advantageous as research materials from other humanities can be used to cement you research materials.
- In your research, ensure the materials provided are detailed and factual. This will enhance the credibility of your research as well as providing enough materials to refer to throughout your study and it will be a clear outline of your own personal understanding and knowledge on the scope of your study. Carry out critical analysis on the information from the research before putting it down into writing as this research will be the ultimate foundation of your essay.
- When compiling the essay from your research materials, it is advisable to use bullet points and short paragraphs when expounding on your points to make it easy to read as well as putting out your ideas clearly. Make sure every paragraph introduced has an independent idea but that overall it backs up your main scope of the study by providing back up information and strengthening your argument or angle of your essay. Use clear language as well as geographical terms when explaining.
- Time management is an essential quality needed as you embark on research to gather necessary materials and information. Due to its diversity, geography research needs to be given ample time to ensure you come up with the necessary materials, credible sources and supporting materials. Bear in mind that you may need to indulge in other humanities disciplines to get materials from. Make sure you have a clear outline of the time allocated to deploying each task.
- Have a clear outline of what your study is meant to achieve at the end. This outline will be an ultimate guide to you as you do the research. It will emphasis the essential parts and areas you need to focus your research on. It will also act as cement to your time management program as you will already have a clear understanding of what you want. It will also allow you to stay in focus so as not to stray while researching.
- Being able to know how to write a geography essay well is an important skill if you want to achieve high grades. It’s not all just about writing the essay though, you need to make sure you dot the i’s and cross the t’s which inevitably means re-reading your work. If you are looking for a specific type of writing strategy then take a look at our writing strategy guide.
- After writing your final copy of the essay make sure you go through your work taking caution to point out any mistakes you make have made. You may need to adjust the flow of your research if you haven’t outlined your ideas systematically. Grammatical errors and spelling mistakes will need to be amended also.
Geography being wholly characterised factually; be sure to devise ways to make the essay interesting and appealing to the reader while at the same time execute the thesis of your study.
By bearing in mind the guidelines outlined above guide on how to write a geography essay, you are on your way to achieving the grades you deserve.