Review Of Literature
In this present work, we studied the various reference paper that are mentioned with proper discussion. The reference paper are shown as per the below:
1. S.Daison Stallon, K.Vinoth Kumar, Dr. S.Suresh Kumar, Justin Baby ‘Simulation of High Step-Up DC’DC Converter for Photovoltaic Module Application using Matlab/Simulink’.published there paper in I.J. Intelligent Systems and Applications, 2013, 07, 72-82 Published Online June 2013 in MECS (http://www.mecs-press.org/) DOI: 10.5815/ijisa.2013.07.10.They conclude in this paper that the simulation and analysis of the PV panel and also high efficient boost converter design and simulation is also performed. Even though the solar based systems are renewable based energies when compared to other renewable energies like wind, biomass it does not connect to more number of grid connections. Lot of necessary steps want to be taken one of the main important factor that high efficient boost converter is needed, here in this paper the input voltage to the boost converter is given as 15V and receives the output voltage of 55.64V.
2. J.S.Anu Rahavi*, T.Kanagapriya*, Dr.R.Seyezhai ‘Design and Analysis of Interleaved Boost Converter for Renewable Energy Source’ published there in 2012 International Conference on Computing, Electronics and Electrical Technologies [IEEE 2013]. Interleaved Boost Converter (mC) topology is discussed in this paper for renewable energy applications. The advantages of interleaved boost converter compared to the classical boost converter are low input current ripple, high efficiency, faster transient response, reduced electromagnetic emission and improved reliability. Three cases of interleaved boost converter have been considered and analyzed. Two-phase mc’s with (i) the front end inductors magnetically coupled (ii) uncoupled inductors and (iii) inversely coupled inductors performance have been analyzed and compared. The output voltage ripple, input current ripple and inductor current ripple of the three types of converters are compared. The waveforms of input, inductor current ripple and output voltage ripple are obtained using MATLAB/SlMULINK.
3. Chuan Yao, Xinbo Ruan, Senior Member, IEEE, Xuehua Wang, and Chi K. Tse, Fellow ‘Isolated Buck’Boost DC/DC Converters Suitable for Wide Input-Voltage Range’IEEE published there in IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS, VOL. 26, NO. 9, SEPTEMBER 2011. A family of isolated buck’boost dc/dc converter for wide input-voltage range is proposed in this paper, and the full bridge (FB) boost converter, being one of the typical topologies, is analyzed. Due to the existence of the resonant inductor (including the leakage inductor), the FB-boost converter can only adopt the two-edge-modulation (TEM) scheme with the FB cell being leading-edge modulated and the boost cell being trailing-edge modulated to minimize the inductor current ripple over the input voltage range, and a phase-shift-control-scheme-based TEM with the use of the market available controller ICsuch as UC3895 is proposed, which realizes phase-shifted control for the FB cell to achieve zero-voltage switching. In order to improve the reliability and efficiency of the FB-boost converter, a three-mode dual-frequency control scheme is proposed, in which the FB-boost converter operates in boost, FB-boost and FB modes in low, medium and high input voltage regions, respectively, and for which the expression of the inductor current ripple is derived in this paper.
4. Levy Ferreira Costa, Samir Ahmad Mussa, Member, IEEE, and Ivo Barbi, Fellow ‘Multilevel Buck/Boost-Type DC’DC Converter for High-Power and High Voltage Application’IEEE published there in IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INDUSTRY APPLICATIONS, VOL. 50, NO. 6, NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2014. This paper presents a new non isolated buck/ boost-type multilevel dc’dc converter suitable for high-power and medium/high-voltage application. The main features of the proposed topology are as follows: low voltage across the semiconductors, low switching losses, and reduced volume of the output filter. The theoretical analysis is carried out for a five-level bidirectional structure of the proposed converter, operating in Buck mode. The proposed topology presents some capacitors, and their voltage must be balanced for proper operation of the converter. Thus, a capacitor voltage balancing active control using a feed forward technique is proposed and analyzed in detail. In order to validate the theoretical analysis, a prototype with 10 kW output power capability, 1.3 kV to 800 V input-to-output voltage, and 20 kHz of switching frequency was built and experimented.
5. Turki Kahawish Hassan , Electrical Engineering Department, University of AL-Mustansiriya, Baghdad ‘ Repetitive-PI Current Controller for Boost Single Phase PFC Converters’Iraq IEEE 2011.This paper represent the theory and application of repetitive proportional integral current con-troller for boost single phase ac-dc converter with power factor correction (PFC). A repetitive controller which is inserted in series with the proportional integral (PI) controller shows very low crossover distortion of input current, low total harmonic distortion and very low tracking error when is compared with the con-ventional proportional integral controller. Full analysis of proposed controller is in Matlab/Simulation and it shows simulation results show the validity of the proposed control method.
6. Vimal M. Vaniya, Jaydeep G. Gajipara Prof. Jayanti A. Jadav Department of electrical engineering Marwadi education foundation faculty of P.G. studies, Rajkot-360 003 Gujarat India ‘Single Phase PWM Inverter With Close Loop Dc-Dc Boost Converter For Solar Application’ IJERT May 2013.This paper represent design and development of close loop dc-dc boost connected single phase PWM inverter for stand-alone solar application with the help MATLAB simulation effective method for implement single phase solar two level PWM inverter by using solar cell or (dc battery). Solar cell converts solar energy into electrical energy. This electrical energy is in DC form. This dc voltage is boosted using dc to dc boost converter with the help of close loop so, any change in solar irradiation, output of close loop dc-dc boost converter would be constant. Here converter will be used to convert 24 volts to convert 326 volts. In this use 2 level inverter for DC to AC conversion .The output of inverter is given to low-pass filter which will give 230 volts (RMS), 50Hz pure sinusoidal output and this output is connect to the load.
7. Doo-Yong Jung, Young-Hyok Ji, Sang-Hoon Park, Yong-Chae Jung, and Chung-Yuen Won ‘Interleaved Soft-Switching Boost Converter for Photovoltaic Power-Generation System’
Senior Member, IEEE April 2011.This paper represent Interleaved Soft-Switching Boost Converter for Photovoltaic Power-Generation System a interleaved soft switching boost converter (ISSBC) for a photovoltaic (PV) power-generation system is proposed. The topology used raises the efficiency for the dc/dc converter of the PV power conditioning system (PVPCS), and it minimizes switching losses by adopting a resonant soft-switching method and mode analysis of the proposed topology is presented. The feasibility of the proposed topology is
experimentally verified for a 1.2-kW prototype. The experimental results imply that 97.28% efficiency is achieved under the full-load condition. Consequently, it is confirmed that the overall efficiency is increased by about 1.5% compared with the conventional hard switching interleaved boost converter.
8. Ilan Aharon, Student Member, IEEE, Alon Kuperman, Member, IEEE, and Doron Shmilovitz, Senior Member February 2015.’ Analysis of Dual-Carrier Modulator for Bidirectional Non inverting Buck’Boost Converter’.This paper represents A pulse-width modulation modulator for a non inverting bidirectional buck’boost converter is analyzasion and a corresponding average-mode current controller design is revealed. The main feature of the modulator is the ability to create switching sequences for both converter legs without requiring any information regarding either operation mode or the direction of power flow. The modulator receives a control signal generated by the current controller, and a triangular carrier and generates driving signals with two different duty cycles, allowing tight control of the inductor current throughout the entire operating range. The underlying circuitry is thus relatively simple; moreover, the proposed method greatly simplifies the outer loop controller design. The revealed findings are supported by simulations and experiments.
9. Dr.R.Seyezhai, R.Anitha , S.Mahalakshmi, M..Bhavani ‘ Simulation and Implementation of High Gain Interleaved Boost Converter for Fuel cell Applications’IJIRCCE July 2013.This paper represent objective of design and implement a high gain interleaved converter using switched capacitors for fuel cell systems. Fuel cell is one of the promising technologies for distributed generation. For designing high efficiency fuel cell power systems, a suitable DC- DC converter is required. Among the various topologies, interleaved converters using switched capacitor are considered as a better solution for fuel cell systems due to high conversion efficiency. In the proposed interleaved converter, the front end inductors are magnetically cross- coupled to improve the electrical performance and reduce the weight and size. Also, switched capacitors are used to improve the voltage gain of the converter. The proposed converter has been performed. Simulation study of interleaved converter using switched capacitors interfaced with fuel cells has been studied using MATLAB/SIMULINK.A prototype has been developed to verify the simulation results.
10. Farag. S. Alargt , Ahmed. S. Ashur ‘ Analysis and Simulation of Interleaved Boost Converter for Automotive Applications’IJEIT May 2013.This paper represent design and simulation of multi-phase interleaved boost DC-DC converter. The control strategy of the converter is based on a voltage mode-controlled Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) with a Proportional-Integral-Derivative (PID) controller. The proposed converter used 1KW power and 42V output voltage to satisfy the requirements of usage in 14/42 power system used in automotive applications. The conception, analysis and simulation of a multi-phase interleaved DC-DC boost converter for 42V power systems are presented. One kilowatt interleaved three-phase boost converter designed to operate in a Discontinuous Conduction Mode (DCM).. The results show that the system is stable and well behaved under input voltage variations and the output voltage remains within the desired specified limits presented in automotive standards.
11. AHMED MAJEED GHADHBAN, Diyala University, Electrical Power and Machines Engineering Department,Collage of Engineering ‘Design of a closed loop control of the boost convert’,IJERGS Nov 2014.This paper represent design of closed loop control of the boost converter based on specific criteria given. The closed loop boost converter is used to convert a low level DC input voltage from a DC power supply and use to control the average model. The simulation carried out in Pspice software. The Performance analysis, which covers the closed loop control of the average model on related waveforms of output voltage, current and power are discussed and achieved.
12. Athimulam Kalirasu, Subharensu Sekar Dash,Serbian ‘Simulation of Closed Loop Controlled Boost Converter for Solar Installation’journal of Electrical Engineering May 2010 .This paper represent With the shortage of the energy and ever increasing of the oil price, research on the renewable and green energy sources, especially the solar array sand the fuel cells, becomes more and more important. How to achieve high stepup and high efficiency DC/DC converters is the major consideration in the renewable power applications due to the low voltage of PV arrays and fuel cells. In this paper digital simulation of closed loop controlled boost converter for solar installation is presented. Circuit models for open loop and closed loop controlled systems are developed using the blocks of simulink. The simulation results are compared with the theoretical results. This converter has advantages like improved power factor, fast response and reduced hardware.
In this paper digital simulation of closed loop controlled boost converter for solar installation is presented. Circuit models for open loop and closed loop controlled systems are developed using the blocks of simulink. The simulation results are compared with the theoretical results.
This converter has advantages like improved power factor, fast response and reduced hardware.
...(download the rest of the essay above)