Global warming and emissions from animal agriculture

What percent of global greenhouse emissions can be attributed to animal agriculture? Enough to definitively deem animal agriculture as the biggest contributor of climate change. The greenhouse gases produced by both livestock and their byproducts make up fifty-one percent of all global greenhouse emissions. Accumulatively, the animal agriculture industry is responsible for climate change and … Read more

Climate change and Christianity

Climate change is no hoax, conspiracy theory, or myth. It is real and happening now. Mounting scientific evidence proves that global temperatures are rising at an alarming rate, and there is no natural cause behind it. The average global temperature has risen by 1.7 degrees Fahrenheit since the 20th century. Glaciers are melting and sea … Read more

Reconstructing Past Flood Events Q & As

Question Sheet One (ex1_sheet1.doc) GG2024 Exercise 1. Reconstructing Past Flood Events When citing sources: Cite the exact source of the information (i.e. the author(s) and year) and then reference it. Cite the author(s) in the text. And then list the reference in a bibliography using the Harvard System of referencing. e.g. in a journal: author. year. … Read more

ASR (Automotive Shredder Residue) waste disposal

LITERATURE REVIEW ASR can be classified as both hazardous or not hazardous waste. The stringent landfill legislation related to ELV treatment will limit current landfilling practice and impose an increased efficiency of the recovery and recycling of ELVs. Primary recovery techniques recycle up to 75% of the ELV components and the remaining 25% is called … Read more

Air quality case study

Human activities are the major cause of air pollution today. These activities have been known to release contaminants into the environment, which endangers the inhabitants. Poor air quality has been the price paid for urbanization; Population, Industrial activities, Agriculture etc. According to WHO, in 2012 about 6.5 million deaths which is 11% of global deaths … Read more

Impact of light pollution on native ecosystems

Light pollution and invasive alien species are both posing a threat to many ecosystems around the world. Understanding the effect both factors have on native ecosystems is important for preventing loss of native species. In the United Kingdom, street lighting is being changed from narrow to broad spectrum without much knowledge of how this will … Read more

Development of policies that address the wildlife-livestock interface

Introduction Conflicts between wildlife and agriculture are increasingly challenging agriculture and wildlife agencies (Krebs et al. 1998, Miller et al. 2013, Miller and Sweeney 2013). Policy to address human-wildlife conflicts is often controversial (Messmer 2009). Developing policy to manage interactions between wildlife and agriculture has been identified as critically important (Jones et al. 2013), yet … Read more

Vegetable oil as an alternative fuel

ABSTRACT. It’s an olden practice to use vegetable oil as a working fuel in diesel engine. It was R. Diesel who first introduced vegetable oil as a fuel in his compression ignition (CI) engine. In past few decades vegetables oil have emerged as an alternative fuel. Vegetable oils are either non-edible or edible. Few of … Read more