12.1 Case Study Q's pg.735 ALL;
◦ Kennedy tried to decrease Nixon’s supporters hoping to Gain the undecided vote.
◦ Yes, it benefited Kennedy. He was shown as a confident and good looking man, and Nixon was the complete opposite.
◦ I think the media is known for making it have a negative effect on the elections because people go based off of feelings instead of research. So if they promote it right they can easily get someone else’s attention.
Section Assessment Q's pg. 746 1-3
◦ Finance Chair: creates and carries out fund-raising plans, Pollester: conducts polls for
◦ Media Coordinator: professes candidates message, Scheduler: manages
◦ Issue Advisor: aware candidate of pressing issues or situations.
◦ Encourages undecided voters to vote based on people who support it and by the GPT(group
election campaign? Explain why or why not.
◦ I agree because the media coordinator helps promote the candidate and share their message
◦ demographic is a set of beliefs/culture that are placed in a certain area or location.
campaigns? Explain your answer.
◦ Internet based communications are important because most people are involved with social media in their daily lives. Ads, and posts on social media are everywhere.
media take better care to not judge a candidate based on a sound bite? Explain your answer
◦ I think judging a candidate based on a sound bit helps people to focus on what is said rather than what is seen. Therefore they wouldnt be votin based off of looks and it keeps the voting polls at a true rating.
12.2 Case Study Q's pg. 753 ALL;
◦ Yes, because he was a criminal, Traficant should’ve been expelled.
◦ I don’t think so, i think it should have been sent directly to the higher executives.
◦ Yes, being that campaigns should be open and honest about funding, it should.
Section Assessment Q's pg. 764 1-2
◦ Individual donations, PACs, Political Party contributions, and Public Funding for Presidential campaigns
◦ FECA requires all political parties to report contributions. The amendments established parties to not to spend unlimited sums of money on plans that did not support specific candidates.
funding in a general election?
◦ I think presidential candidates might refuse public funding in a general election to prove that their are financially stable or wealthy enough to fund themselves.
◦ committee of people that can be formed by congress members as well as other political
actions in regard to donating to PACs or 527 groups?
◦ I think some factors are loyalty. I believe the people who donate aspire to help America or feel like they are contributing in some way to better the U.S.
c. Design What are some possible ways that the current met
12.3 Case Study Q's pg. 772 ALL;
1) Do you think the media was helpful or harmful to the 2000 election results? Explain.
I think the media played a big role in the 2000 election. I feel like it helped America see the
truth about the candidates.
2) What Were there flaws with the Florida ballots? Explain.
There was a demand for the votes to be recounted but did not happen, because the issue did
not include standards on hoe the votes should be recounted.
3)Should there have been a recount in Florida? Why or why not?
Yes, because Florida is a huge state with many electoral votes.
Section Assessment Q's pg. 781 1-3
◦ Redistricting is deciding a selected area into new political projects or school districts.
- Draw Conclusions Why do you think it is important for congressional districts in a given
state to contain approximately the same number of people?
◦ I think this is important because it evens out with the population and is fair.
all areas on election day?
◦ I think its because the presidential electors don’t cast their votes until weeks later. Also,
votes as possible from citizens. Analyze Why are get out the vote campaigns important to the maintenance of a democratic republic?
encourage people to go to the polls and vote
...(download the rest of the essay above)