Bunning is the leading retailer of home improvement and outdoor living products in Australia and New Zealand and a chief supplier to project builders, viable trade's people and the housing hard work. Operating from a network of large warehouse stores, smaller and larger format stores, business centers, Bunning give services for consumer and commercial customers. In 2016, Bunning accomplished the achievement of Home base, the second largest home improvement and garden trade operating in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Bunning has a strong network of locations to provide for both retail and commercial patrons transversely metropolitan and regional arena. These are broken into three flexible formats.
• Bunning Warehouse: This section includes the widest range of stock around 45,000 products with the best service and lowest price.
• Bunning: This section has a lower format but highly flexible. It is working as Regional & metro markets and deals with Retail & commercial customers
• Bunning Trade: This sector deals in Specialized ‘DIFOT' format with narrow & deep ranging. It builds strong customer relationships gives lowest cost to commercial ‘delivered' market.
The Bunning brand supply the widest array of house hold hardware products at the lowest prices to the costumers. For instance plants, gardening equipment and supplies, indoor and outdoor illumination products, floor covering products , heating and cooling products , hand and power tools, paint, home storage, kitchens appliances, garden furnishings and play equipment, plumbing products and electrical products, timber & building supplies etc. An expanded range is available through the Bunning Special Orders service. This provides customers with expert advice and immense service. Bunning also offers D.I.Y. workshops for adults and children without any cost, rent shop, unique orders, coffee shop, and children's playgrounds and many more.
The market of Bunning is extended among the entire world as the organization covers various countries with more than 300 stores of the brand providing the wide range of products for the customers with the guaranteed lowest price.
The Bunning has many competitors in the market. Some of them are Woolworths Limited, Discount Chemist, Mitre 10, Kmart etc
E-commerce implementation integrated with related ICT
Electronic Commerce is also referred as e-commerce that consists of the purchasing and selling of products or services electronically with the use of internet and networking. In this modern era of technology, E-Commerce is becoming an eminently significant opportunity for different trades.
ICT: Information and Communication involves the communication devices. It usually uses for the distance learning and for augmenting the efficiencies and competitive advantages in their process and approach.
Data Mining: In Bunning data mining includes the canalization of data from different aspect and evaluates the information from them. Data mining software analyzing the data which allows the user to correlate the data collected from different fields and provides help in different angled in summarizing the data. Furthermore, the data mining is essential to analyze the information regarding the customers.
Business intelligences: For enhancing the performance of the organization of Bunning, business intelligence is the system of data analysis work through which the executives or the consumer take the important decisions for the organization of Bunning. In Bunning for the customer servicing this intelligence includes improvising the decision making, implementing new policy, attainments knowledge and many more.
Data warehouse : To secure the important and confidential data of the organization ,this data warehouse also called ‘rental database' utilize for transaction of the information of the users and also give benefit to the user to access the data from the source for consider and explore in diverse approach.
Databases : Database is the collection of the organized information or data For the principle of accessing the data in future and also updating and mange it in the future work the technology of data base has been used in the organization of Bunning which is considered as the collection of planned and structured information of the Bunning. In Bunning the databases is supportive for various ways and its occurrence is beneficial for instance giving service to client and marketing etc. Bunning has its own data base and managing its data in appropriate ways.
Internet: The network of internet is spreading in the globe with the drastic speed and connecting computers for linking and sharing the information between them. Bunning is utilizing the vast network of internet through which they are sharing information and gaining benefits.
RFID: The organization of Bunning uses this device of RIFD (Radio frequency Identification) for the function of reading the bar code on the purchasing card strip of the consumers Bunning suppliers operate electronically with the effective utilization of e-commerce and all general commodities goods purchased are entirely bar-coded.
VAN: In the progression of trade VAN referred as ‘Value Added Network' facilitate and offer the Bunning organization in the sharing the important information between the partners of the organization. In general the Bunning online Supplier Representative/Vendor Accreditation Course is customized to supplier representatives that provide a Vendor In-store Support service to our stores through VAN.
EDI: In the organization of Bunning for supporting the process of the business EDI (Electronic Data Exchange) has been used which is exchanging data from one computer to other as shown in the diagram. In Bunning EDI is the more suitable medium of exchanging information as the sender can send the information directly to the receiver's computer.
Problems and challenges faced during the implementation of E commerce
At the time of implementing the e- commerce, Bunning experienced various issues and challenges. These are:
• Awareness: Due to low level of awareness, people are not familiar with the technology and this caused hindrance in affecting utilization of e commerce but indeed once it has started in application then it helped in solving all business problems in terms of quality, or process defects. This brings in a more disciplined execution of business process giving more precision and visibility to the working of the organization of Bunning.
• Space problem: The most important problems in the execution of the e-commerce in the organization of Bunning because mostly the internet is running out of space. Therefore, the restricted space caused a barrier for the organization of Bunning incapable to publish sufficient information to customers. Initially, limited space also created problem for the consumers for seeking more information regarding the particular product or services of the organization. Conclusively, the problem has resolved after taking immediate actions.
• Perception: Bunning have the perception that e-commerce is meant only for other firms mainly owing to the high costs of acquisition, implementation and maintenance as also the complexity. After knowing its advantages, and get better efficiency in trade Bunning convinced to incorporate e-commerce in their business.
• Change management: One of the major reasons why e commerce implementations nationwide have been known to fail is due to the implementation being considered as a mechanization project instead of one that involves change management and people not ready to accept the change resulted in the system being put in place but not being used. In Bunning the same issue arose but fortunately resolved by giving proper training and guidelines to the staff and employers.
• Limited resources: Bunning did not have an in-house IT team. Due to this they have to rely on external agencies to help them which added the implementation costs. But after some time they gave appropriate training sessions and made their employers to take training from the institutes related to it .Contemporarily the whole department has well trained and controlling the E-Commerce.
Benefits capitalized from the implementation and integration of E-commerce
The E-Commerce is a comprehensive direct sales and procurement process solution which provides discovery, sourcing, procurement, sales and operation management functionality within a single system. By providing highly flexible supply and value chain functionality, the E-Commerce enables instantaneous connectivity between all organizations' trading partners - regardless if they are operating same e- Commerce. There are several advantages lies with the E-commerce, those are:
• No standing in the queues: The customer can shop without disturbance through the process and does not need to be waited in the line. This is especially valuable for the older age customers for whom standing in queue is painful and difficult.
• Logistics: E-commerce has great advantages for the customers who are unwilling to travel far for shopping and they can access the product at their home. The process even allocates purchasing the product form the shop situated on the other end of the country or from other countries as well.
• No need of physical presence: The customer does not required to be physically present to purchase the product and In this way the customer is able to save money, time, fuel and as well as the energy.
• Discount coupons: Mostly the sellers only offer some coupons for the online purchasing only which can only be accessed through the purchase by accessing the websites of the sellers.
• Allow happy customer to sell products: With lots of customers' reviews and product ratings, Bunning has easily increased its sells as new customers find that your products are of good quality and effective.
• Micro chain: Another feature of E-Commerce in Bunning is procurement which includes a unique supply-chain management tool known as Micro chain. Micro chain facilitates procurement staff to select items found in the company. E-Commerce systems have those items added to procurement catalogue. It further facilitates the acquisition of goods and services at the best possible terms.
In epilogue to the above study it would be quite literal to cease that implementation and integration of E-Commerce with other Information and communication technologies in the trade of Bunning organization results in the form of augmentation in the product sells. Additionally, it also generates value for customers, suppliers and other stakeholders with effectiveness and ambitious turnover in their operation and policy.
...(download the rest of the essay above)