Adobe Systems Incorporated commonly referred as Adobe, is an American multinational computer software company. The headquarter of Adobe Systems is in San Jose, California, United States. They mainly focus on creating multi-media and imaginative software products. It is known for Photoshop and Acrobat Reader, Portable Document Format(PDF) but now it has become a world leader in field of Digital Marketing. John Warnock and Charles Geschke in year 1982 founded Adobe. In year 1985, Apple Computer licensed Adobe's Postscript to its LaserWriter Printers. As of 2017, it has over 17,000 employees about 40% work in San Jose. It also manages a website called www.Adobe.com, where customers can easily log in or sign up for their services after buying the particular service.
It has offices in more than 60 locations in 7 continents. The company has offices in 3 locations in India, with Noida sec-132 being the biggest of all in terms of employee numbers and area, facility. Adobe provides products: Graphic design software, Web design programs, video editing and visual effects, Audio editing software, eLearning software, Digital marketing software, Server software, Formats, Web-hosted services, Adobe stock. It operates under the name of Adobe Systems India Private Limited.
It has a large pool of customers in various domains in India, some of them are: Taj Hotels, Vistara, Indigo, SpiceJet, MakeMyTrip, Jabong, HDFC Life, Asian Paints and Aditya Birla Group, Myntra, Lenovo etc. Also, talking about the International clients the company has signed deals with many super-giants of various trades like Emirates Airlines, Hostel World, Nissan Motors, Scandinavian Airlines, Malaysian Air and many more.
With acquisition of OmniTure in 2009, Adobe entered into the Digital Marketing World. In 2012, Adobe removed OmniTure as a separate business unit and combined its products in then Adobe's Marketing Cloud, now referred as Adobe's Experience Cloud. The OmniTure worked in only 3 industrial aspects i.e. Web Analytics, Market Research & Online Optimization.
Adobe has recently acquired Magento for $1.68B, Magento is a e-commerce firm which works in B2B and B2C contexts. This acquisition has given Adobe a big edge over its competitors Salesforce & in some areas Google also.
Services/Products by Adobe Systems:
Adobe Photoshop- The Adobe Photoshop is a raster graphics editor developed & published by Adobe Systems Incorporated for macOS and Windows. Photoshop came into existence in year 1988 but was launched in year 1990, since then it has become a industry standard. It can edit and raster images in multiple layers and supports masks, alpha compositing and several color models too. Photoshop has vast room for file formats but recommends use of its own PSD & PSB file formats which supports all the 3D graphics and video. It is accessible in 26 languages. The latest version of Photoshop CC 2018 was launched in October 2017 and is running smoothly till date. Adobe's naming scheme is based on a set of numbers but since branding of creative suite each photoshop version was given a name CS plus number i.e. for example CS2 and so on.
Portable Document Format(PDF)- It is a file format which was developed in year 1990 to present documents, including text formatting and images, in a manner independent of application software, hardware and operating system. It is based on Postscript language; each PDF file encapsulates a complete description of a flat document. In 2008, it was standardised as an open format so no royalty issues. Today, PDF files consist of many things like flat text, font, vector graphics, interactive things such as form-fields, annotations and various other data formats.PDF also provides facilities like digital signatures, encryption etc. It is by far an open format and its latest version is called as 2.0. This format was actually released in year 1993 in month of June on 15. It uses .pdf file extension. Also, it is an intellectual property so anyone can create or read and write any PDF as they want.
Adobe Flash- It is a deplored multimedia software platform used for production of animation, mobile applications, rich internet applications. It displays text, vector & raster graphics to provide video games, animations. It allows streaming of audio and video, captures mouse, microphone, keyboard and etc input. It uses ActionScript as its programming language and is available in 3 formats: SWF, FLV, FLA and currently as of now it is to be active till year 2020. Although Adobe Flash was earlier a leading platform for online multi-media content, it is gradually being unrestrained as Adobe favours a transition to HTML5. Flash player has been denounced and has an official end-of-life by 2020. However, Adobe will continue to develop Adobe AIR, a similar technology for building impartial applications and games.
Adobe stock- A micro stock agency that currently provides over 57 million high resolution, royalty permitted images & videos available to license. In year 2014, December 11, Adobe proclaimed acquisition of Fotolia for $800 million. Its aim is at integrating the services to its Creative Cloud solution. The complete procurement ended in January 2015. It is run as a separate website.
Adobe illustrator- It is a vector graphic editor, established & marketed by Adobe Systems. Its current version is CC 2018. It was released in year 1987, almost 31 years ago and is compatible with Operating systems like Windows & macOS. It can be found easily on Adobe's website: www.adobe.com/products/illustrator. The latest update consists of features like multiple page PDF files import, support for CSV data files and increase in capacity of handle sizes and also increase in anchor point.
Adobe Captivate- It is a tool used for creating eLearning content, for example software demos, software replications, branched scenario and randomized puzzles. It basically or specifically uses HTML5 formats. It also has a feature of screen casting and is compatible with both Windows & macOS. It first came into existence in year 2002 in month of May and its latest version Adobe Captivate came in year 2017 in month of April, moreover the new update is running without any hassle or issues. It can be easily found on Adobe's website: www.adobe.com/products/captivate.
Adobe Experience Cloud- It was formerly known as Adobe Marketing Cloud. It is basically a united online marketing & web analytics solution. It is a Digital Marketing Management Software. It comprises a set of analytics, social, advertising, media optimization, targeting, Web experience management and content management products and is currently hosted on Amazon Web Services. For this service to access a individual should have valid subscription. Earlier this facility was known by the name OmniTure, a company which was acquired by Adobe Systems in 2009 and name Adobe Marketing cloud came into existence in year 2012 and all the OmniTure products later-on were added to the Adobe's Marketing Cloud.
2. DIGITAL MARKETING
It is the promotion of products or brands through one or more medium of electronic media, it is completely different from traditional way of marketing. It usually uses a set of channels and methods that enable an organisation to analyse marketing campaigns and understand what is best and what is worst in terms of overall performance. Or the Digital Marketing can also be classified as marketing of services or solutions on Internet irrespective of the medium. It is also referred as Online marketing, web marketing or internet marketing. The methods of digital marketing are as follows: Search Engine Optimization commonly called as SEO, Search Engine Marketing (SEM), data-driven marketing, content marketing, social media marketing and many more but these are one of the prominent methods which are used.
Digital Marketing is so unescapable that consumers have access to information at any time and at any place they want. Gone are the days when the messages people got about your products or service came from you and consisted of only what you wanted them to know. Digital Media is an ever-growing source of entertainment, news, shopping and social interaction and consumers are now exposed not just to what your company says about your brand, but what the media, friends, relatives, peers, etc, are saying as well. And they are more likely to believe them than you. People want brands they can trust, companies that know them, communications that are personalized and relevant, and offers tailored to their needs and preferences.
The growth of digital marketing is inseparable from technology development. One of the key points in the start of was in 1971, where Ray Tomlinson sent the very first email and his technology set the platform to allow people to send and receive content through different machines. Though, the more recognisable period as being the start of Digital Marketing is 1990, as it was the time when Archie search engine came into existence for FTP sites. In 1980s the capacity of computer to store data was large enough to store huge volumes of customer information. Companies started choosing online techniques such as database marketing rather than limited list broker. These types of databases allowed organisations to track customer information more efficiently. With the server/client architecture and popularity of personal computers, the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) came and became the core part of the marketing technology. With increase in competition day by day the companies added service like marketing, sales, services applications and also it became easy to update customer data once internet came in to the world. This further led to creation of first clickable banner advertisement which went onboard in year 1994 and was named as “You Will” campaign by AT&T and in four months over 40% people clicked it.
In year 2007 the concept of marketing automation came into existence to solve the problem of non-registered domain retailers. The evolution of digital media was estimated at 4.5 trillion online ads served annually with digital media spend at 48% growth in 2010. The main reasons for digital marketing being used extensively is the benefits you get like rapid increase in Website traffic, content performance, lead generation, attribution modelling, etc. An increase in advertising stems from businesses employing Online Behavioural Advertising (OBA) to tailor advertising for internet users but OBA raises concern of consumer privacy and data protection. Digital marketing is also known as web marketing in Italy and in USA it is still called as or known as the online marketing but Worldwide the term digital marketing has become common especially after the year 2013. The use of Digital marketing has led to a huge growth in terms of online services and specially user or customer experience and moreover it has changed the way the Marketing is seen today.
2.1.1 Search Engine Optimization-
Search Engine Optimization is referred as SEO and is a set of rules that can be followed by website owners to optimize their websites for search engines and thus improve their search engine rankings. In addition, it is a great way to increase the quality of their web sites by making them user-friendly, faster and easier to navigate. It is also considered as a framework because the complete process has a number of rules, a number of stages and a set of controls. SEO marketing has become more and more important because search engine serve millions of users per day looking for answers to their questions or for solutions to their problems. It has two stages for SEO process, first is On-site SEO, it is recommended no to use it for over optimization or spend more time at it because it may produce opposite result, basically On-site SEO is used for optimization purposes of content and website. Whereas, Off-site SEO is mainly a kind of Website promotion with building links, etc. It includes many points that are needed to be ticked for better optimization first is Getting Indexed this can be done using consoles like Google Search Console and etc, preventing crawling for stopping undesirable content to be shown and at last integrating your sitemap and increasing prominence of webpage within the search results, this can be done using cross-linking between pages of the same website to provide more links to important pages.
Image: Search Engine Optimization Trends for Websites.
2.1.2 Search Engine Marketing-
Search engine marketing or SEM is one of the effective ways to expand your business in an increasingly competitive market. With millions of businesses out there all vying for the same eyeballs, it's never been more important to advertise online, and search engine marketing is the most efficient way to promote your products and grow your business. It is basically marketing a business using paid advertisements that appear on search engine results pages. Advertisers bid on keywords that users of services such as Google and Bing might enter when looking for certain products or services, which gives the advertiser the opportunity for their ads to appear alongside results for those search queries.
Image: Search Engine Marketing Techniques.
As the number of sites on the Web increased in the late 1990s, search engines started appearing to help people find information quickly. Search engines developed business models to finance their services such as pay per click programs offered by open text. In year 2000, Google started its own advertisements on search pages through AdWords. In year 2007, pay per click program became the primary money-maker for search engine businesses. Also, Yahoo & Microsoft collaborated to beat Google in year 2010 but still google leads the search engine industry. Interestingly, the search engine optimization consultants started offering help to businesses to understand about and use the advertising opportunities offered by search engines, and several new companies focusing primarily on marketing was promoted by Danny Sullivan in year 2001 to cover the range of activities in performing SEO, handling paid listings at the search engines, submitting sites to directories and developing online marketing strategies for businesses, organisations and individuals.
2.1.3 Comparison between SEO and SEM-
The main difference between the two is that SEO or Search engine optimization is a core part of Search engine marketing only. Both solutions or products are used for increasing visibility of websites or webpages in search engines. Search engine optimization aims in increasing or getting better ranking for your website in search whereas the search engine marketing aims by using methods through which you can get more search engine visitors. Basically SEO & SEM are two supports of one marketing job and they both run parallelly to produce best results.
2.1.4 Social Media Marketing-
Social media marketing is a strong and reliable way for businesses of any kind or size to reach more people in order to increase their sales and develop their brand. Nowadays people find social media campaigns more reliable than any other kind of promotions for products and also the number of online product buyers has increased drastically, and social media campaigns has most of the contribution in this context. Common Social Media platforms in India are twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and many more. Basically, social media marketing or SMM is a kind of internet marketing that involves creating and sharing content on social media platforms in order to achieve particular goals. Social Media Marketing is any form of updates like image & text updates, paid social advertising.
Image: The different social media platforms.
To run a successful social media marketing strategy, you require a plan which is effective in terms of various aspects like your goals & etc, so here are few questions that you need to answer before you start any social media marketing startegy:
• What are you hoping to achieve through social media marketing?
• Who is your target audience?
• Where would you target audience hang out and how would they use social media?
• What message do you want to send to your audience with social media marketing?
The key factor is that your social media drive should inform about what type of business you do and should only work according to that particular business needs.
Social Media Marketing is a kind of marketing prospect which can help achieve goals that are not related to that social media channel completely such as:
• Increasing website traffic.
• Building conversion.
• Raising brand awarenes.
• Creating a brand identity and positive brand association.
• Improving communication and interaction with key audience.
It is a famous quote that, The greater & more engaged your audience is on social media networks, the relaxed it will be for you top conquer each & every marketing goal on your list.
To succeed in the field of social media marketing one need to follow some steps or need to remember some points which are basis for good campaign:
• Social media content planning:- The most imortant part is to make a social media plan which is efficient as well as fruitful to you and your organisation.
• Great social content:- Social media marketing is all about content and the content is the main hero here, if your content is great than your campaign is successful.
• Consistent brand image:- Using social media as a marketing platform make your business to present a brand image across a variety of different social media platforms. While each platform has its own unique environment & voice, etc.
• Sharing links:- It gives the power or ability to link to other articles by providing links to them. Actually, linking to good content often leads to improvement in trust & reliability and you may also get some links in return. So, overall it is fruitful way to enhance your reach.
• Tracking Competitors:- Its important to keep eye on your opponents as they can provide you with valuable data for keyword research and other social media marketing insight. Also, you can get valuable experience as well as their product management scheme ideas moreover if the startegy they are usong is working perfectly so you can also use the same.
• Measuring success with Analytics:- You can't determine the success of your social media marketing strategies without tracking data. Actually, tracking of data gets you the information that which post of yours is doing well with audience and has potential to engage more people. Also, measuring analytics can lead to start of paid promotions for best posts or content present. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager & Analytics, these are some of the best tools a person can use. Facebook's Ads Manager is so far the best Social Media Marketing tool currently and is so simple and easy but still has some issues to be fixed like sometime it takes long reviewing hours for the campaigns which eventually leads to loss of reach & time.
• Social media crises management:- In digital world things don't always go according to what you plan but proper management at time of any crises and how you handle that crises and moreover how you react to that is the most important aspect that each and every person need to understand for good Social Media Marketing and developing skills.
2.1.5 E-Mail Marketing
It is the use of e-mail to promote products and services to the customers. The actual definition is, it is the use of email to develop relationships with potential customers or clients. Email marketing is one of the part of Internet marketing, which covers online marketing via websites, social media, blogs , etc. It is basically taken as a spam email by most of the users until or unless you have subscribed to that service with being a member. In this strategy the emails are categorized in two types common and personalised. The common as per the name are sent to all the users in the mailing list but personalised are the ones which are sent either to the club members, card holders or high networth individuals or to special customers.
Each & every thing has its advantages and disadvantages, so here are some advantages of email marketing:
• Price:- It is a inexepensive way for advertising any product or service for your company as compared to other type of marketing.
• Ease:- It is very easy and efficient to track a email marketing campaign, which makes it available and easily accesible to small businesses.
• Newsletters:- By this you can always keep your customers updated about whats going on and what are the new prospects for the future, etc.
• More Viewers:- The chances of an individual watching the advertsiement is much mor ethan social media or any kind of marketing because of the highly extensive use of email. Almost 90% or more number of people all around the globe use email.
With Social Media now ruling most of the marketing investments, it is still relevant to say that E-mail has not lost its power and is still a integral part of Internet marketing, according to a study by HostPapa:
• 94% of Internet users use email, while only 61% use social media.
• 75% of adult online users say that email marketing is their preferred marketing method.
• The opt-in or subscribe feature of email allows marketing by consent.
• Email marketing only enables targeting of people by demographics (state, age, income, etc).
• Social media messages do not have wide range for formatting than Email messages.
• Email provides more analytics & reporting capability such as click through rate, open rates, bounce rates and conversions.
Types of email marketing: The email marketing is carried out by the use different kinds of emails.
• Transactional:- These are the ones which are generated when any kind of transaction is initiated by a users.
• Direct: - These are sent exclusively to communicate a promotional message, for example, any special offer or new product launched information by the company, etc.
• Mobile email marketing: - It gets most of the traffic from smartphones and tablets. Marketers are trying to find better way to engage more and more users through these mediums and make them view advertisements for a longer duration of time, however the rate of delivery is still low which is indeed is a cause of worry.
2.2 Product Awareness
Product or Brand Awareness is one of the most important aspect of the digital marketing which is in every way responsible for growth of that particular brand or product, here are some points which can help to increase the brand awareness:
• Ease of access: A important aspect is engaging customers and allowing them to communicate with the product or brand through different facilities. Information is easy to access at a smooth & efficient rate using digital mediums. Digital mediums are a multi-communication channel where information is transferred at a faster rate or in quick manner. The interactive face gives customers access to create targeted audience, who can ask questions about the product and get to know it.
• Reach out to influencers: In which-ever industry you work there are couple of individuals who have a strong hold there. These people may have an active social media account or they may be running a blog or any kind of newsletters. Even they could run all of the three. If you really want to aware people more about your product or brand, they could help you.
• Optimize everything: Each post, page & every link on the website has a chance to be noticed by web users. They help or hinder your search engine rankings. It is very much crucial to optimize your site to reach more and more people at disposal or by conventional method.
• Building email lists: It is one of the most significant and fruitful way of engaging more people with your product or brand and it is one of the common part of every digital marketers list or anyone who holds a blog or newsletter. Then you can use that list for sending targeted emails from time to time. Indeed, these emails will remind users or subscribers that you are still alive and ready to help, entertain them.
2.3 Digital Marketing Strategy
A digital marketing strategy is a channel based strategy which says that it must be informed to the customer by research that customer behaviour & market activity are equal to publishers & mediators, how to hit our leads and set sales targets, budgets for acquiring & converting, also giving priority to both individuals & products can be done with ease and without any hinderances. A strategy is made by planning and further planning is a 3 stage process which is undertaken rigorously.
Marketing management is a process which uses the term Digital marketing planning. It speaks about the first stage of forming a digital marketing strategy for the wider digital marketing system. The main difference among digital & traditional marketing is that the digital one uses digital tools for communication like Social, Web, Mobile.
Stages of Planning
The DMP (Digital Marketing Planning) is divided into three stages by Dr Dave Chaffey. His approach says that any kind of business looking to use a successful digital marketing strategy must structure their plan by looking at following stages:
In-order to create an operative Digital Marketing Planning a business, the first thing is a complete review of market and setting up of ‘SMART' (Specific, Measurable, Actionable, Relevant & Time Bound) objectives. The SMART objectives are easily set by reviewing the benchmarks and key performance indicators (KPIs) of the company and competitors. It is essential that the analytics used for the key performance indicators should be customised to the type, purposes, mission and apparition of the company.
Companies can easily scan for marketing and sales opportunities by reviewing their own access as well as influencer access. To complete opportunity, the organisation should summarise their existing customers façades and buying journey from this they are able to deduce their digital marketing capability. This indeed shows the clear picture that where they are and what resources they have and how many of them they can use for their digital marketing strategy, for example: labour, time & etc.
For creating a digital strategy, the company must review their digital proposition and communicate it using digital customer targeting techniques. It is really important that they define online value proposition (OVP), this means the organisation should direct clearly what they are offering buyers online, for example: product/brand positioning. The company must think about the choosing a digital targeting approach.
After undertaking these things, it is customary to review the marketing mix for online options. The marketing mix is of 4 parts which are Product, Price, Promotion & Place. Sometimes you might find 3 extras parts which are Process, Place and Physical appearance.
The last stage needs the organisation to figure out and implement a budget and also implement some management systems- these must be measurable touch-points, such as audience reached across all digital platforms. Moreover, marketer's obligation is to ensure the budget and management systems are assimilating the paid, owned & earned media of the organisation. The Action which is the last & final stage of planning too requires the firm to setup in place computable content creation, for example: visual or written online media & oral.
After getting confirmation of the Digital Marketing Plan, a programmed format of digital communications must be encoded throughout the internal operations of the company. This guarantees that all platform used fall in line & accompaniment each other for the succeeding stages of digital marketing strategy.
There are many planning approaches but this is one of the best to be used and is more-or-less used by every organisation based on their needs and growth, sales targets.
3. DIGITAL MARKETING IN AIRLINES
Airlines come under the aviation sector and these are basically the carriers which initiate air travels. As we know the emergence of technology has led to many changes in the past decade and aviation sector is one of the most affected/benefited sector in this list. Almost all the things in aviation sector rely on technology and so as airlines are one of the rigorous users of it. Now each-and-every Airline likes to provide its customers more personalise messages, emails and any kind of assistance for this Digital Marketing is one of the main techniques used. Basically, from booking a ticket to collecting the baggage and leaving the Airport involves a lot of use of technology. To monetise and collect passenger data from these all processes an airline company needs a Digital Marketing strategy and tools to implement that strategy. As per the recent surveys most of the people prefer technology over human interaction and that's why the importance of marketing your airline digitally is increasing at a rapid rate, the company which provides more online facilities with ease and less ticket fare is nowadays often chosen by the travellers rather than the conventional one. Below are the results of a survey which depict the percentage of passenger reliance on technology due to Digital Marketing:
Data Source: SITA Passenger IT Trends 2017
The data above shows how much people are reliant on technology while travelling these days, starting from online booking which has become common practice & people are even using mobile-applications, web services for getting information about their checked-in baggage collection, which is new in India specifically and all this has been made possible by smart digital marketing, which is the need of the time and thus each-and-every airline now opts for it whether they like it or not they have to spend on it. With Artificial Intelligence & Virtual Reality coming into this trade it becomes very important for airlines to use them wisely without any accidents as well as they are going to easy down the traveling chores and will definitely add more new things to the above-mentioned services and make travelling different in every possible way.
3.1 VALUE OF DIGITAL MARKETING IN AIRLINES
The digital marketing holds a greater significance now in the airline industry as compare to earlier years, as it has become a most efficient, cheap & reliable way to market products, service and let people know more about you in a more extended & better way with lots of exciting offers and reaching people in a better fashion. Here are some points which are common to all industries but specifically important to airlines due to which Digital Marketing is considered as superior than other forms of Marketing:
• By the help of this one can reach people faster & easily.
• It gives freedom to reach customers in a more personalised way and it also helps in keeping check that how frequently they fly, etc.
• The foremost important aspect of digital marketing is that it provides a unique platform to reach out people & manage their credentials in real-time.
• A digitally sound organisation never forgets to provide its customers elite services even on-board the flight.
• Digital Marketing allows an organisation to keep each-and-every possible detail of their customers stored so they can improve their services on a regular basis.
• It helps in reduction of marketing spend per passenger.
• It helps in increase of revenue per traveller.
• Helps in migrating customer towards value &brand based decisions.
• Helps in creating a customer loyalty base as well as reduces all kind of marketing costs and increases chances of profitability.
• It opens avenues like cross-channel marketing in which proper targeted segmentation & email execution can be done readily.
• It has one of the most important feature which is in high demand that is proper content management & efficiency. Efficiency is a factor in which traditional marketing is way behind the Digital, this does not mean that traditional marketing is non-efficient it is rather less efficient.
• Helps in conversion rate as information is supplied to visitors at a faster rate.
• It helps in improving website quality and moreover brings good amount of traffic to the website which indeed helps in earning some money.
• It provides a dynamic content approach to lure the customers which is quite effective as compare to non-dynamic content approach.
• It also enhances the payment modes with offers & flexibility, by making them easier to use.
3.2 DIGITAL MARKETING PRODUCTS/SOLUTIONS USED IN AIRLINES
Basically, most of the companies take only these solutions (Target, Campaign, Analytics) and sometimes these are deployed in the same order as shown below and sometimes these are specifically Analytics are integrated with other platforms or other products to give more superior services. As companies buy these three together and most of the time they use them together.
Basically, Adobe provides these products/solutions (mentioned-above) and other companies also do the same but in slightly different ways. These three are however most important parts of not only digital marketing but any kind of marketing.
1. Target: It is a kind of advertising tool by the help of which advertisers target audiences online and it is solely done based on choice, interests & availability of that particular product in the area. It can be based on the particular area demography, on any or about any particular. It can be for a single product or for big pool of products. Targeting can vary in many aspects and some of them are: time, sociodemographic, behavioural, retargeting, tv & media, etc. These can be used only with campaign which is necessary for reaching people.
2. Campaign: It is a series of advertisements which is share or acknowledge people about a product or brand, theme. It is an integrated marketing communication (IMC). An integrated marketing communication is a stage in which a bunch of people can group their ideas, concepts, themes into a single media base. It uses Target for targeting audiences of a particular interest. These are built to achieve a particular objective and in airline business these hold a big stake as different campaigns are run all over at single time and with different targeting involved in it. Airlines have now become very particular about what they provide people and what they promise that is the concept of fake promises no more exist, which indeed increases the all-over demand for the good campaigns which are able to generate or meet the requirements of the airline.
3. Analytics: It is basically the discovery, interpretation of data which is meaningful or have some sort of use. It relies on many statistics, computer and other applications. Organisations also apply analytics to its business data to describe, interpret and collect useful data and use it later-on for betterment and good performance or to give more services based on that. In the airline industry or any other industry which uses digital marketing it is one of the most important tool to enhance the services and grow the organisation in a better fashion. Specifically, airlines use this tool to collect and analyse the data, so on based of that they can provide personalised experience to customers and can make a loyalty base or club for the frequent flyers or can contact the frequent flyers directly and offer them better deals to increase and it is also used to engage new passengers and lure them to join frequent flyer program or loyalty base or club. It includes some risks like data leakage or privacy intervention by developers and etc. There are some challenges too along with risks, like unstructured data is one of the big concerns, etc. Here is some data which shows the change in travelling trends after use of Digital Marketing. The data mentioned-below shows that how people travel in digital age:
Data Source: SITA IT Trends 2017
4. AIRLINE CASE STUDY
I encountered this case study while researching about the low-cost carriers (airlines) around the World and specially in India as I was assigned to make a proposal for a low-cost airline called Go Air which operates in India is based in Mumbai with its other hubs at Delhi, Ahmedabad. This case study has been seen and references are taken from Adobe Systems India Private Limited's employee research portal (cannot be named). The Airline in this case study is one of the oldest clients of Adobe amongst the Airlines and is one of the subsidiary of Germany's Flight Carrier Lufthansa, the Airline is Germanwings which is now a part of Euro Wings.
A subsidiary of Lufthansa, Germanwings documented that most of its passenger's book flights through online portals & required a web content management system (CMS) that could quickly deliver personalized content to increase sales. The airlines e-commerce team evaluated and chose Adobe Experience Manager.
Image: Germanwings Airlines Logo
Experience Manager allows Germanwings quickly create & dynamically update web pages without special programming skills. The web team can reuse assets in Experience Manager across multiple sites & cuts overall development time. Also, Experience Manager integrates with the airline's reservation & ticketing systems, meaning Germanwings customers can book and view flights in multiple ways. As the Germanwings operates across Europe, multiple language support was important to reaching its audience. Adobe Experience Manager allows its regional offices to efficiently localize webpage content in six different languages. Translators can view content from a central interface & review and publish updates with a few clicks.
Germanwings also uses Adobe Analytics to gain insight into customer behaviours. The integration between Adobe Analytics and Adobe Experience Manager allows Germanwings to analyse how changes to the website can affect sales. With the help of data collected from bookings the Germanwings target their audience accordingly by region, fare type, offers, flight & etc. After integration with Adobe Experience Manager (comes under the Digital Marketing) has gained a lot of rise & growth in its earning through the website.
The following are the results obtained by Germanwings after using the Adobe Experience Cloud & Adobe Analytics which come under the Adobe Digital Marketing Products:
Data Source: Adobe Systems
Further, on after seeing such good results, the company decided to use Digital Marketing is each-and-every way possible to enhance its service and to grow rapidly over the time and so, far has succeeded in achieving its goal.
The Director of ecommerce Germanwings, Mr. Juri Gobbe has said the use of Digital Marketing & especially Adobe Experience Manager not only helps us in being more productive, but it has also improved our website performance by enabling us to handle five to seven times more visitors with a clear sense of what they want and how we will provide them the same.
The data mentioned above has been last updated in year 2017 and currently the company is serving under the banner of Eurowings and successfully using the Adobe Digital Marketing products.
...(download the rest of the essay above)