- Two guys named Marty and Link decide to go to the moon with some girls (because they are bored out of their minds).
- The moon is pretty boring for the guys, but there is supposed to be a cool low-gravity place called Ricochet lounge.
- They get their lodging and dinning info from something called their feeds.
- Link keeps smashing his seat into Link’s knees, which annoys the narrator because he is trying to get some sleep.
- The narrator thinks he has been lonely recently and hopes to hook up with someone on the moon.
- Advertising on their feeds is not strictly accurate, as their feeds show a happening, sparky moon but it is kind of ‘dingy’ according to them.
- The narrators name is Titus.
- The main attraction in Ricochet lounge is a game of bumping bodies.
- Link is a part of a ‘patriotic experiment’
- Titus and Loga (one of the girls with them) had a relationship about 6 months back.
- Titus realizes a very hot girl is watching them.
- Titus goes to the snack bar area to meet her.
Titus thinks his friends’ jabbering is making him look bad in front of the hot girl (still anonymous)
- Quendy (another girl with them) gets a lesion.
- The hot girl provides Titus with a very detailed and scientific explanation for the lesion on Quendy’s face.
- All of them are flabbergasted.
- They use a dictionary (‘English to English wordbook’)
- The hot girl (the girl in gray) gives Quendy a hairstyle, which hides her lesion.
- Titus finds this girl really attractive and wants to hook up with her.
- The girl in gray is called Violet and she is there stag, to observe.
- All three guys develop a crush for Violet and invite her to hang out with them.
- They plan to go buy alcohol, which doesn’t require ID. When they get there they realize it has been replaced with some other shop.
- They head back to the hotel hoping to get their hand on the minibar.
- On their way back they run into some sort of a protest.
- One of the slogans being broadcasted was ‘Chip in my head? I’m better off dead’.
- Back at the hotel the boys have no luck with the minibar.
- Sober, the gang goes to the Rumble Spot (a hip bar).
- Gravity at the bar was being switched on and off, so the people would sometimes float and other times are on the ground.
- An old man comes to Titus and touches the back of his neck with a metal rod. After that Titus starts broadcasting ‘we enter a time of calamity’.
- After a while Titus is not the only one broadcasting it, it is the whole gang.
- The police come and raid the disco. Titus and the others have been turned off.
- It is written in the first person plural format, so the narrator is using ‘we’.
- Unettes: Slang term for girls.
- Feed: Transmitter Implanted inn their brains.
- Unit: Space slang for man or dude.
- Weatherbee and Crotch: A clothing store.
- Marty and Link: Both Marty and Link are very hard to impress, as they get bored very easily. At the start of the book, Marty and Link are bored playing with 3 electrical wires. Marty and Link are outlaws as they drink a lot, even though they are not of legal age to.
- Titus: Titus is quite lonely and he wants to find a girlfriend. Throughout part1 Titus is pretty much satisfied with everything. Titus does not present his opinion very often, he goes along with the gang
...(download the rest of the essay above)