Table of content
The strategic and coherent approach to the management of an organization is the human resource management (HRM) and we can say the most valued assets the people working there individually and collectively contribute to the achievement of the business objectives.
In a simple word, human resource management means employing the people and looking after them by developing their capacities, maintaining and utilizing and compensating their services in tune with the jobs and organizational requirement. As for our project we have chosen Coca-Cola Company as the project to be done.
The coca cola organization is a drink organization, make, wholesaler and an advertiser of nonalcoholic refreshments concentrates and syrups.
The organization was initially settled in 1891 as J.S. Pemberton Medicine Company, a co-organization between Dr. John Stith Pemberton and Ed Holland. The organization was shaped to offer three principle items: Pemberton's Globe Flower Cough Syrup, Pemberton's Indian Queen Hair Dye and Pemberton French Wine Cola (later known as Coca-Cola).
From 1889 the organization works a diversified dispersion framework where the Coca-Cola Company just creates the concentrates syrup which is then sold to different bottlers all through the world who hold an elite region.
The Coca-Cola Company home office is in Atlanta, Georgia with respect to numerous different nations the Coca-Cola Company had their vision, mission and qualities.
The Coca-Cola vision is:
“Vision 2020” The world is changing all around us. To continue to thrive as a business over the next ten years and beyond, we must look ahead, understand the trends and forces that will shape our business in the future and move swiftly to prepare for what's to come. We must get ready for tomorrow today. That's what our 2020 Vision is all about. It creates a long-term destination for our business and provides us with a "Roadmap" for winning together with our bottling partners.
That is the thing that the Coca-Cola Company vision about it makes a long haul goal for their business and furnishes them with a Roadmap for composing together with their packaging accomplices.
And the vision consist the following:
• People: Be a great place to work where people are inspired to be the best they can be.
• Portfolio: Bring to the world a portfolio of quality beverage brands that anticipate and satisfy people's desires and needs.
• Partners: Nurture a winning network of customers and suppliers, together we create mutual, enduring value.
• Planet: Be a responsible citizen that makes a difference by helping build and support sustainable communities.
• Profit: Maximize long-term return to shareowners while being mindful of our overall responsibilities.
• Productivity: Be a highly effective, lean and fast-moving organization.
The Coca-Cola Company mission is:
“To refresh the world, to inspire moments of optimism and happiness, to create value and make a difference”
The Coca-Cola Company mission is a statement of the purpose and the reason for existence of the organization. In many company the mission also represents the vision some key individual, often the organizations founder.
Expend the business, maximize the profit this is the mainly all the companies objectives to survive, however when Coca-Cola had started over the years they had achieved these objectives. To provide the company with a framework, Coca-Cola has come up with six planned objectives. Every function of Coca-Cola integrated these priorities into their business plan this was in 2003. And this year they are continuing their priorities and establish them as well their benefits into every aspect of the business. Now we can see the six planned objectives which they are, Coca-Cola are accelerate soft drinks growth led, selectively broaden their family of beverage brands to drive profitable growth, grow system profitability and capability together with their bottling partners, serve customers with creativity and consistency to generate growth across all channels, direct investments to highest potential areas across markets and drive efficiency as well as cos effectiveness everywhere.
Coca-Cola's corporate headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, United States
• NYSE: KO
• DJIA Component
• S&P 100 Component
• S&P 500 Component
Founded May 8, 1886; 131 years ago
Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.
Founders John Pemberton as Coca-Cola
Asa Griggs Candler as The Coca-Cola Company
Headquarters One Coca-Cola Plaza,
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Area served Worldwide
Key people Muhtar Kent
(President and CEO)
Products List of The Coca-Cola Company products
Revenue US$41.863 billion (2016)
US$8.626 billion (2016)
US$6.527 billion (2016)
US$87.270 billion (2016)
US$23.062 billion (2016)
Number of employees 123,200 (2016)
List of The Coca-Cola Company subsidiaries
Statement of HR policy:
Regard for human rights is a basic estimation of The Coca-Cola Company. For over 130 years, the Company has manufactured a notoriety on trust and regard and they are focused on procuring that trust with an arrangement of qualities that speak to the most astounding guidelines of honesty and magnificence.
They endeavor to regard and advance human rights as per the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. The company point is to help build the pleasure in human rights inside the groups in which they work with. The Human Rights Policy is a foundation in these undertakings.
The most recent variant of Coca-Cola Human Rights Policy was propelled on 11 December 2017. It mirrors a top to bottom worldwide interview on the striking human rights dangers of the Company, which are the most serious potential effects related with the business. Human Rights Policy applies to The Coca-Cola Company, the elements that they claim, the substances in which they hold a dominant part intrigue, and the offices that they oversee. It incorporates the accompanying twelve segments:
• Respect for Human Rights
• Community and Stakeholder Engagement
• Diversity and Inclusion
• Freedom of Association and Collective Bargaining
• Safe and Healthy Workplace
• Workplace Security
• Forced Labor and Human Trafficking
• Child Labor
• Work Hours, Wages and Benefits
• Land Rights and Water Resources
• Healthy Lifestyles
• Guidance and Reporting for Employees
At The Coca-Cola Company, it is each worker's obligation to keep up a workplace that reflects regard for human rights and is free from all separation and provocation, lined up with their Human Rights Policy. On the off chance that any representative trusts that somebody is abusing the Human Rights Policy as well as the law, they are requested to report it instantly to their supervisor, Human Resources, Company legitimate guidance or Ethics Line. They likewise review against the Human Rights Policy to guarantee consistence. They will probably achieve the objective of 98 percent consistence
Human Resource Functions:
Meeting their short term commitments while investing to meet their long term goals and they have a vision and clear goals to guide them to their journey to achieve long term growth that allows careers to flourish this called Sustainable growth which Coca-Cola used and this what drive them to the success in the future. They are not thinking only of the growth.
Few of the Coca-Cola Company opportunity in so many ways:
• Every day they explore new ways to create and share beverages to energize, relax, hydrate and enjoy so they are the world’s most recognized family brand who deliver more than 3300 beverages to over 200 countries around the world they serve not just a soft drinks but more than that same as coffee, milk and juices.
• They maintain a trusted local presence in every community that they serve, so they are known as the world’s largest distributor of non-alcoholic beverages. They are looking around the communities and what do they need and they are trying to support them.
• Launched many new products and develop a model to help their retail customer to maximize their sales while they are continuing planning for the next one, five and ten years in a business, this is how they increased their annual marketing budget substantially.
We can see that the company are building on their fundamental strengths in marketing and innovation, driving increased efficiency and effectiveness in interactions with their system and generating new energy through core brands that focus on health and wellness.
They need mostly the highly skilled, ambitious and experienced professionals who think entrepreneurially and thrive on a teamwork.
Methods use in recruitment and selection process:
Controlling the functions of the department deferent from each organization and each company has its own policy and strategy by which the management control all the functions of the departments. Coca-Cola Human resource department as well conducting all the practices of HRM, like design of work, job analysis, recruitment an selection, training and development, performance appraisal compensation and as well the employees relationship, we can’t forget the medical policies and staff welfare. These all policies are conducted by their own policy and strategy. We can say that the human resource department doesn’t make the decisions only but they provide the company’s decision.
Job analysis and designing:
When we define job analysis we can say that it’s a procedure for determining the skills requirements of the job and as well the kind of person who’s suitable for this job and could have it and hire for it. Job analysis consist of two main part one is job description and the second is job specification.
Job description: is a list of job duties responsibilities, reporting relationship, working conditions and supervisory responsibilities one product of a job.
Job specification: a list of jobs human requirements that is requisites education skills, personality and other products of a job analysis.
In Coca-Cola Company the HR department they do the analysis on their employees job description in which they get from their work activities, their human behavior, the performance standard, job context and other requirements related to their conducts. They used this information for recruit, select, compensation performance appraisal, and train and employee relationship.
Planning and forecasting:
Planning can be define as the process of deciding what positions the firm will have to fill the gap and how it’s supposed to be filled, in Coca-Cola Company the HR department put in the company strategic planning and they work hard to make a sufficient planning for hiring new employees in the future. They forecast on many things same as the expected employees needs in the organization, as well employees on the change technology and increasing in the productivity. When done planning they send the report to the head office to take the approval, if they get approval from the heard office they only they start the recruitment process.
Coca-Cola recruitment process:
In here the requirement process is well established as they first give ads in newspapers, company website with all the instructions, we can say social media these days, one the applications are received from the candidates with all the required documents. The employee will be recruited eternally and internally.
In the selection process it will depend on the position the candidates applying for, as one process can’t fit all the different roles that the Coca-Cola Company have. In most cases a combinations of any of the following tools will be used:
• Interview: in here it’s designed to reveal more about the employees and their experience that they got, and it’s a chance to find out more about the company by asking questions. We can say that interview is a two way process, which is understand the nature of the role and to make sure it really what the company is looking for.
• Group exercises: Coca-Cola Company are a very much team, so this will show how effectively the work with all the people in. this is good opportunity to see how the new employees communicates, influence and involve other people in the workplace.
• Presentations: give the chance for a group of people to communicate on a specific topic, the topic will be given in advance or at the same day and will provide a much time to prepare.
• Psychometric test: a timed exercises to check the ability and used a personality assessment system to know more about the employee. If a psychmetr5ic test has been asked to complete they will send all the information and advice in advance how to prepare and make it.
• Role play / situational exercises: to assess the react of a certain situation and highlight some skills and how good the employee is in and suited for this positions. They will provide you with a fact and a report to complete and candidates must assessor acting as a customer or a worker to simulate the situations that may be occur in the workplace. A time and a brief ample will be provided.
HR Training and Development:
The procedure of the work will not be known to the employee without knowing the rules and regulations of the firm. Like if there is a new technology will be introduced to the firm the firm here must take the responsibility to train its employees.
The Coca-Cola Company invest over 80,000 hours annually in training just to strive to develop the employees and see the most and the best of their ability.
A four types of training from Coca-Cola Company is provided to the employee which they are: skills, technical, leadership and functional training.
The company trying to consciously develops the people in and create an environment to encourage all their employee to develop their potential to the maximum. For a Company such as Coca-Cola taring is the fundamental to the culture of learning and development and to the fostering of their corporate principles value, for this company the training is more than just a transfer of knowledge and skills.
The main aim of the Coca-Cola Company is providing a system training that aimed to introduce the employees to the company’s operations and basic skills requirements. The skills training involve presentation, selling and public speaking. Many organizations realize the potential of the soft skills training, they want their employees to develop creative thinking skills, communication skills and other essential to the long term survival of the organization. They spend money to develop in house soft skills training program. As well the skills training can increase the employee productivity and improves their job satisfaction.
To improve the employees of Coca-Cola the company is providing a technical training and it can build their self-confidence, save time and prepare for promotions. Most of the training sessions are practical training and can have a place in the classroom as well, the aim of providing this kind of technique are to improve on work performance, on the other hand many organization provide in-house technical training, we can take an example for Coca-Cola company their training and development program are equally impressive because they have an extensive on the job training program which is focusing on the routine of the needs in each of offices across the continent and there a number of local training initiatives catering to particular regional needs.
Training future managers and further developing current as well as incumbent ones is the leadership training aim. In Coca-Cola Company the leaders wish to excel in their fields of business can definitely benefit from leadership training. Many different skills that must be learned and applied to make things really stick together when it comes to a leadership training. Time management, management assessment, management skill assessment, executive assessment, management consulting and other related skills must be taught and applied. One of the effective concept from the leadership is listening it helps the leaders how to listen and build trust with the internal employees and external clients that will be may assist daily with the company. The leadership training concept that are taught and implement have made huge impacts on the employees whom have taken time to learn them that the results that have been showed from the market research and surveys.
As a part of on the job training functional training can take a place, the functional training includes diplomas or degrees in the respective field of expertise. They launched Coca-Cola University a virtual, global university for all learning capability building activities across all company. To help associated build capabilities and expertise in commercial leadership, consumer marketing and franchise leadership, as well as leadership and professional development this how the course has been designed. To transfer learning between different parts of Coca-Cola system the CCU also conducts best practices research and provides coaching and consulting services. They believe in a healthy work life balance and works diligently to help ensure this is reality for associates. Complete the task, offering associates training and workshops on time management, provide flexible work arrangements in some areas of the business and provide tools and resource to allow work to be done efficiently and effectively in a normal workday these are the benefits from functional training.
To conclude the training section, in organization development this department deals with the design and delivery of learning to improve the performance within the organization. When hiring the employee the next step is determining what kind of training they need, and a special training need for the employee to develop more and effectively. The development of a highly competent employee base that operates as a team is the benefit of training for the company. So having employees that are all trained well in many different skills will make the company more competitive. At the end the training will lead to a stronger company that will be more successful in future and the training will help the employee operate more effectively and that will greatly benefit the company and the shareholder.
Cola Company support projects that local community needs whether is governmental and nongovernmental organizations. The company also be careful to provide a unique and sustainable difference from the customized local initiatives. Coca-Cola works with local wellbeing authorities and an assortment of specialists to instruct groups on applicable wellbeing concerns, handling such issues as polio tuberculosis, hepatitis, HIV/AIDs, lack of healthy sustenance and appropriate cleanliness.
Coca-Cola had many contributions in society, including:
1. Coca-Cola in Africa has pledged $2.5 million for a three-year to develop the society HTV/AIDS programs in Egypt, Ethiopia, Kenya, South Africa and Tanzania, and they support society that have high effect on projects around the world with the strategic partners like the African Network for Children Orphaned or At Risk, the African Broadcast Media Partnership against HIVIAIDs and Dance4Life.
2. Dance4Life established in 2006 it’s attracts young people using dance, music youth icons and their own language, encouraging youths to learn more about HIVIAIDS and sexual and reproductive health and rights. "Agents of Change" is a program in school youths participate on it called (Schools4Life) by making a real contribution toward the fight against HIVIAIDs. the company until today have invested $25 million in Dance4Life programs across Kenya, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe
3. In Africa men play a constructive role in promoting gender equity and health in their families and communities. Men considered in program they sponsor as Partners.
4. 100,000 sets of playing cards with AIDs was distribute in China including tuberculosis and malaria prevention information to migrant workers in provinces where the incidence of disease is high.
5. Coca-Cola creating in Haiti 10 peer-led school awareness clubs and promoting HIVIAIDs prevention through life skills training and "edutainment" the intersection of education and entertainment. More than 50,000 youths among 15 to 24-year-olds will be reached by HIVIAIDS prevention activities and messages through this program. Also Coca-Cola Foundation has provided a $158,000 grant to counterpart International, a local NGo to implement a Youth AIDs Awareness Project in inner city Port-au-Prince.
6. Below, chart shows the Coca Cola Company's global charitable contributions which is worthless $2 Millions in communities around the world had invested. Also, they associate volunteered 273,000 hours of community service in 2008.
Employees are the most important assets of every company so it is very important to give them importance, and if the employees satisfy they will makes the company successful, then they will work hard for the development of the company but if they are not satisfied with the company's policies and they are not given their rights then they will leave the company which can turn into a big loss. So the company goal is improve performance of employees and create a spirit of loyalty among employees and maintains the employee’s relationship.
An open-door policy one of Coca Cola that believe is the best policy for employees' relations, because according to this the employees feel independent and they know that if they get any problem they can contact directly to the managers and they can share all of the problems. A policy like that makes their employees satisfy with the company.
Coca Cola is a company that is committed to providing the maximum level of safety and prevention of loss. Not only for their employees also to their assets and visitors. They also seek to provide the financial and personnel resources necessary to continuously improve and adhere to the safety standards and are keen to involve each one of their staff in this effort.
Coca Cola put the safety standard compliance within governmental and company requirements that protect their employees and ensure public safety throughout the organization.
The company also have other compensation and benefits to the employees that need it such as high basic salary bonus, medical facility, pick and drop, gratuity fund and social security.
The company recognize their impact on the communities in which they operate. The company are committed to engaging with stakeholders in those communities to ensure that they are listening, learn from and take into account their views as they have to conduct the business.
Where appropriate, Coca-Cola are committed to engaging in dialogue with stakeholders on human rights issues related to the business. They believe that local issues are most appropriately addressed at the local level. They are also committed in creating economic opportunity and fostering goodwill in the communities in which the company operate through locally relevant initiatives.
More than 700,000 associates create the Coca-Cola system.
Each partner brings his or her extraordinary abilities and thoughts to work each day to help the Coca-Cola framework accomplish the objectives laid out in the company 2020 Vision. Partners additionally speak to Coca-Cola in their groups and are representatives of their brands to the world. Guaranteeing the partners are glad, solid and approached decently and with deference is at the center of our business logic and achievement. Coca-Cola endeavor to make open workplaces as various as the business sectors they serve, where individuals are roused to make predominant outcomes. They likewise intend to make situations where individuals are completely connected with and where the Company is seen both inside and remotely as a business of decision.
Encouraging Open Communication:
To empower a workplace of open correspondence and to adequately request and use creative thoughts, we participate in visit discourse with our partners far and wide. Such exchange gives us significant data, builds mindfulness, advances business systems, shares victories and openings, and requests representative assessments. For instance, worldwide partners and packaging accomplices have contributed thoughts to real activities, for example, our 2008 Beijing Summer Olympic Games actuation. Furthermore, representative information was a key fixing to our Company's Mission, Vision and Values. Another case of our normal exchange with our partners is our worldwide Employee Insights Survey. In 2010, the consequences of our worldwide Employee Insights Survey demonstrated change crosswise over all study classifications, including an 84% partner engagement score a 2 point increment more than 2008.
Rewarding and Developing Employees:
The pay and arrangement for assistance are among the best on the planet, benchmarked against other worldwide, high-performing bosses. They additionally offer an assortment of formative open doors for their partners, including Coca-Cola University, a learning program for superior workers. Utilizing the Peak Performance System, their execution administration and advancement framework, couple with in excess of 100 worldwide individuals improvement gatherings, partners and their administrators frequently talk about improvement, development and progression designs the world over.
...(download the rest of the essay above)