The scope of the study was aimed at understanding the performance appraisal system, feedback process followed in Indian IT industry and its impact on employee satisfaction.
Need and rationale
The performance appraisal system is usually being conducted just on a protocol basis as per the schedule. An effective performance appraisal needs to meet the development needs of the employee and thereby improving the employee satisfaction. The development needs of employee involve better compensation, promotion, career development, better communication with superior, training needs, rewards, improvement in work life balance etc. the research is intended to find the relationship of performance appraisal system prevailing in IT Industry to the above mentioned development needs which lead to employee satisfaction.
Statement Of Problem
‘A study on performance appraisal system, feedback processes in IT Industry and its impact on Employee Satisfaction.’
Variables Under Investigation
- Factors affecting performance appraisal system
- Feedback process
- Employee satisfaction
- To find whether the existing appraisal system in the organisation measures the employee’s performance
- To find whether the appraisal system leads to better communication between superior and subordinate
- To assess whether the appraisal system help in skill development
- To find if there is any opportunities provided for the employees to improve their performance
- To find whether the performance appraisal leads to better working environment.
Hypothesis Of The Study
The hypothesis in this study is
Ho: There is a significant relationship between the factors affecting performance appraisal system and employee satisfaction
H1: There is no significant relationship between the factors affecting performance appraisal system and employee satisfaction
The size of the sample chosen for survey is 200 employees from different IT companies Bangalore, India.
The sampling design used for the study is random sampling
Tools employed for data collection
- Primary data is collected with the use of structured questionnaire
- Secondary data is collected from the following sources:-
- Books offering information relevant to the study
Statistical techniques employed
- Analysing the data using SPSS
- Factor analysis will be used to find the importance of various attributes.
- Chi square test will be used to prove the hypothesis
Limitations of the study
- The survey was limited to only few IT companies
- The results are given based on the assumption that the questions answered by the employees are true.
- The analysis was done only with the sample 200 employees who are supposed to be representing the IT sector employees.
- The IT companies taken into consideration are only from Bangalore, India
...(download the rest of the essay above)